Has accessing the Netgear Nighthawk setup page becomes a big task for you to accomplish? Don’t sweat over it! We’ve got you covered! Just walk through the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article and learn how to fix Netgear Nighthawk setup page not working issue in a jiffy.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Nighthawk Setup Page Not Working Issue
1. Check the Hardware
First of all, let us make you familiar with the fact that a faulty hardware is one of the topmost reasons that can lead to issues like Netgear Nighthawk setup page not working. Thus, before you get down to any advanced troubleshooting steps, we would suggest – start with the basics first.
- If you’ve connected your Netgear Nighthawk router and modem using an Ethernet cable, then ensure that the cable doesn’t have any sort of damages.
- The wall socket into which your Nighthawk router is plugged in, ensure that it isn’t fluctuated or damaged. In case it is damaged, unplug your router and plug it into another socket that is well working.
2. Relocate Your Netgear Router
The placement of your Netgear router plays a major role in its well-functioning. If your Nighthawk device is placed at the right location, it’ll work smoothly. Otherwise, due to bad location, you may face major technical issue with the device.
Keep the below-mentioned points into consideration while choosing the correct location for your Netgear Nighthawk device:
- Make sure that the Netgear router is placed in close proximity to the modem.
- Rather than placing your Netgear Nighthawk device near walls, in corners, or in reach of public WiFi, place it in the center-most location of your home.
- Keep your router away from roofs and fall ceilings as well. But, to get the most out of it, you have to place it on a higher location.
- Do not keep your router inside a cabinet. Doing so will somehow hamper your surfing experience.
Now, try to access the Netgear Nighthawk setup page using Netgear Nighthawk app on any of your connected devices and see if it works for you.
3. Update the Firmware
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router is another thing that you can do to get rid of the issue. Here’s how to update your device:
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk router with the modem using a cable or wirelessly.
- Open a web browser on your PC or laptop and log into your router using routerlogin.net.
- Navigate to Settings and click the Firmware Update button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish updating the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router.
Note: After updating the firmware of your router, check your internet connection by accessing the Nighthawk router app.
4. Power Cycle Your Device
Sometimes, a random technical glitch with the router can lead to various issues. And one of those issues may stop you to access the Netgear Nighthawk setup page. Need not to worry! To get rid of such annoying issue, all you need to do is, power cycle your Netgear router.
Here are the step-by-step instructions that you need to follow to reboot your Netgear device:
- Turn off your Nighthawk router and unplug the power adapter from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of minutes. Plug in the router’s power adapter back into the working wall outlet.
- Now, press the Power button on your Netgear router and connect it to the modem.
5. Use an Updated Web Browser
An outdated web browser is another reason that might be stopping you from accessing Netgear Nighthawk setup page. To fix the issue, simply update your web browser to the most recent version. Moreover, to avoid facing any more browser-related issues, it is recommended that you clear its cache, cookies, browsing history, and junk files as well.
The Bottom Line
The aforementioned steps will surely help you in troubleshooting the Netgear Nighthawk setup page not working issue. In the event that the issue continues to persist, then, unfortunately, you have no other option than to reset your device. Once you reset your device, it is advised to perform the Netgear WiFi router setup process again.
If you have any further doubts or queries regarding how to fix the Netgear Nighthawk setup page not working issue, feel free to drop us a line into the comments section.