Ready to settle in Pune by renting a 1 bhk flat but not able to find the perfect one? We understand that it can be daunting to look for several 1 bhk flats for rent in Pune and then choose the best one. We once were first-time renters too. In this guide, we have listed some tips to make it easy for you to locate the rental options and screen them to rent your first flat.
- Decide your budget: Before you start looking out for flats for rent in Pune, it is recommended to determine your budget. You should be aware of how much money you can and are willing to spend on the rented flat. It has been suggested by the experts that people should not spend more than 30% of their annual income on housing costs. Therefore, prepare your budget in accordance with this particular guideline.
- Figure out the cost of additional fees: When renting a 1 bhk flat you don’t only have to pay for the rental charges but there are also many other charges that are to be paid. These include security deposit, maintenance charges, application fees, utility bills in case you don’t have the utilities installed in your name. When it comes to the security deposit, then it is usually equal to the amount paid as one month’s rent which is refunded in case the tenant leaves the rented property in the same condition as it was when first moved in. application fee depends on the market rate of the property and the landlord. It is important for you to understand these additional fees so that you know what and how much to pay when renting a flat.
- Look for the amenities and features: Before you begin hunting for the 1 bhk flat for rent, you should be clear of what are your requirements versus what are your wants. In simple words, it can be said that you should know about the features and amenities you want the newly rented flat should have. You should consider the location before you search for the features and amenities offered by the particular property. See if the flat is located close to your school or workplace? Is public transportation facility available nearby? Is the location you are planning to rent a flat in is acquainted with the hospitals, grocery stores, shopping complex, health clubs, houses of worship, etc?
Once you are done narrowing down the location to the specific area or neighborhood, it is time to check the features and amenities available in the shortlisted buildings. It’s essential to consider if you want to have the modernized interior of the 1 bhk flat. See if the building offers safety features and amenities such as a clubhouse, swimming pool, laundry area, etc. by determining the importance of the availability of many features and amenities to you, your search for the 1 bhk flat in Pune can be turn out to be more productive.
- See the potential flat before signing the lease: Whenever it is feasible for you, just ask the landlord to give you a tour of the potential 1 bhk flat you are looking forward to renting. Even you are satisfied with the interior and exterior of the flat, you may find the location undesirable. Planning the in-person tour will provide you the chance to not only examine the actual condition of the flat but also you can check the condition of common hallways or parks. A dirty hallway indicates the priorities of the management company and your future neighbors. Also, you can examine the outside and hallway lighting and camera surveillance which are important from the perspective of your security.
- Go through your lease: Before you sign the rental agreement, make sure to go through it. Almost every lease agreement is standard but there is a possibility of landlords adding their own rules and regulations. These might include the time period when you can shift in the flat, use the laundry, what is and what is not permitted to have in the flat, penalities of paying the rent late, and more. Apart from this, you should also check the duration for which your lease agreement is valid and the mode of the rental payment. The lease acts as the contract and the tenant is subject to oblige with all the mentioned provisions. Therefore, it is imperative to read it carefully. In case you don’t understand any terms ask for clarification.
Wrapping up it all!
Once you are clear about your budget and the features and amenities you want to have in the Pune house rent 1 bhk, it’s time for you to start with your search. By following the above-mentioned tips you can easily find the perfect flat you can call home to.