If your internet-related needs are not getting satisfied by your existing modem, then it is recommended that you perform Netgear router setup. Setting up a Netgear wireless router in your home will help you access a lightning-fast as well as lag-free internet connection. Not just that, but regardless of where you’re sitting inside your house, you won’t face any issues while trying to connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the internet.
In this post, we have explained two different methods through which you can configure a Netgear WiFi router in your home:
- By accessing www.routerlogin.net
- Using the Netgear Nighthawk app
You are free to choose any method you want to install a Netgear wireless router.
Netgear Router Setup Via www.routerlogin.net
Here are the steps that you should follow to set up a Netgear wireless router by accessing its web interface:
- Plug the Netgear router into a wall outlet.
- Turn on the device.
- Let the power LED become green.
Note: If the power LED on your Netgear WiFi router doesn’t turn green, consider rebooting your device and start the setup process from scratch.
- Then, connect the Netgear router and the existing modem with a cable.
- You can also connect your router and modem using a wireless source.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser. Whatever browser you use, ensure that it is updated.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
- If routerlogin.net doesn’t work for you, consider using the default Netgear router login IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- Enter the default login username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- The BASIC Home screen will appear on the screen of your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the BASIC Home screen.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to perform Netgear router setup by accessing www.routerlogin.net.
Netgear Router Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you want to set up a router using your mobile device, this is the method you should opt for. Here are the guidelines that you need to go through in order to configure your Netgear router using the Nighthawk application:
Note: The Netgear Nighthawk application works on both Android as well as Apple devices.
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store (as per the mobile device you are currently using).
- In the search bar, type Netgear Nighthawk app, and tap the Search icon.
- From the displayed results, choose the Netgear Nighthawk app, and tap Download.
- Next, wait patiently for the application to get installed on your mobile device.
Pro Tip: Do not perform any background activities while the Netgear Nighthawk application is in the process of getting installed. Otherwise, you might unintentionally send an invitation to technical issues.
- Once the app gets installed, create a Netgear account.
- You need to use your username, email address, and password to create a Netgear account.
- Once done, log in to your Netgear wireless router using the default username and password.
Note: If you are not sure regarding the default username and password of your Netgear WiFi router, then it is recommended that you refer to the user manual that came along with your device.
- Tap Log In.
- In some time, the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will come into view.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete setting up your Netgear wireless router.
In this way, you’ll be able to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup by using the Nighthawk application.
By walking through the aforementioned guidelines, you’ll surely be able to perform Netgear router setup by accessing routerlogin.net and using the Nighthawk application. However, if even after configuring a wireless router, your internet-related needs don’t get satisfied; consider performing Netgear WiFi extender setup.